Sunday, November 4, 2007

Boston



I am currently director of Public Affairs for the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation (SMGF). SMGF is a company that helps people do genealogy through DNA testing. Part of my job is presenting and exhibiting at different conferences around the world. Sometimes I am able to take Michael along with me. That makes a much more enjoyable conference! Here are some pictures of last week's "conference" (okay, and a celtics game along with visiting Harvard before coming home to SLC). It was fun to be in Boston during the World Series, even though they were in Denver- the city was still hopping. It was neat to see all of Boston's sports pride. At the Celtics game- they started chanting for the the Red Sox. The front desk agents for Southwest AND Marriott wore Red Sox jerseys. It was great! The Autumn leaves were beautiful too!

I was glad that Michael was able to come with me because we had been meaning to go away to Logan for one night, but I was so busy at work in October that Michael ended up just having to bring me roses at work (such a great surprise- my boss gave Michael major props!). They were beautiful! I kept them on my desk during a very long busy week at work and it made me happy to look at them and think of him when I was at work late. Even though I had to work at the conference, it was still nice to order room service at a Marriott (and have work pay for it) with my sweetheart.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Seriously, Those are beautiful roses. Way to go Hock!

Courtney said...

Wow Celtics game! LUCKY! haha