Michael and I are still getting used to siesta. Because it is so hot here everyday, as they do in some places in the world, Hermosillo has Siesta. 1 pm -4 pm many things are closed and businesses shut down so you can go home and relax during the heat (It has been 105+ everyday this week). Michael and I had very mixed feelings about it the first few days but we are doing better now and enjoying it. At first we just wanted to go to work, then come home, then relax for good- not relax knowing we had to go back to work in a few hours. But now we kind of like it. We get up early for work then we are awake for lunch to do productive things like Spanish lessons and read and stuff but also sometimes relax watch a West Wing or something. Our basic schedule is from 7-10 am and 4-9 pm. Weird, but kind of great.
But my favorite time of the day, out of all the places I have been, is the sunset. I love the feeling at the end of a hard day of work, how Heavenly Father rewards us with a beautiful peace that is inevitable by enjoying an amazing sunset. This doesn't do it justice- but it is beautiful to look out my window every evening and watch it.
2 comments:
Wow, that does look beautiful. Speaking of the West Wing, we just started Season 5... and I think we just started hitting episodes where Aaron Sorkin isn't writing anymore. You were right. I miss him already.
Siesta would be odd for me too. I'm glad you are enjoying your experience. Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment