Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Mexican Home

Since we moved here I have been meaning to make this post to show you our humble Mexican abode. I guess I've wanted to wait for it to be clean and I never seem to get it clean as it should be, so I have given up on that idea. Better now than never, eh?

We live in a 1 bedroom apartment above the house of the guy teachers. This is nice to be close to the other teachers, but also means that they come to get Michael to help them at random times and for random complaints. It does have a nice view of the city.


Our front room is a quaint little living room. When the air conditioning works, it makes for a nice little reading room for Michael.


Our kitchen is small but very functional. We ahve one table that we use as coutner space. It isn't level so eating on it is out of the question because one side is so much higher than the other. The kitchen is so functional that we can use the stove to cook and lay down the piece of glass to make a counter (the oven doesn't work) and use the lid of the washing machine as counter space as well. Also, our one cabinet holds more than you would think:) There is no room for dishes in the cupboard so we have to put our clean sivlerware on a cup on the counter. We are happy to have a microwave that works and a water dispenser for drinking and brushing teeth. Our fridge is small but when you have to walk in 108 degree weather to the store, the amount your arms can humanly carry is about the same that will fit in a small fridge and one cupboard. The freezer doesn't work real well which is a bummer. We miss using our Bullet.




Our bathroom is pretty decent. The most important amenity.... the magazine on the ground to cover the shower drain when not being used. In the heat of the afternoon that drain can stink up the whole apartment if not properly covered by the fashion tips of Hillary Duff :)


Our bedroom has a decent sized bed, an air conditioner, and a good size tv. There aren't a lot of drawers (there are 4 very small) so we have to use our suitcases to keep our stuff folded in.


So Welcome to home. I hope you enjoyed the tour! :)

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Wow! I bet you can't WAIT to get back to the states where you won't have to live out of a suitcase! And have a working oven!

Jill Manning said...

Thanks for the tour...you are amazing Lani!!! And I love that Hilary Duff is plugging up the stink hole, that is a great touch!