Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HE IS HERE!!!

After months of waiting, hundreds of trips to the porcelain throne, and almost 20 hours of labor... he is here and he is perfect! He arrived Feb 1st at 3:55, just in time for super bowl kick off.

Some people have asked why on earth I have not sent out pictures yet... my answer... I just can't stand to take my eyes off him.

16 comments:

Mitzi said...

ok, ok, ok, I will cut you some slack. I can see why you have just been staring at him. He is wonderful and after watching the slide show 3 times, I realized it was time to write a comment. I love the photo of Amy holding him in his swaddle. I also love the one of him asleep with his head leaning to the left on the striped blanket. The one of him trying to lift his head and smile is cute too. I love how you can see his peach fuzz. But my favorite is the one of Hock squeezing his cheeks. Wait...no it looks like it is Amy. I just assumed it was Hock b/c it would be Mike in my family. He is beautiful!

Liz Kirkby said...

he is absolutely darling! you caught some funny expressions in the pics :) sorry we havent been up to see him yet - hopefully soon!

Tiffany said...

I miss him already. And how come I came up 7 times last week and I am not in one picture with him?

Tiffany said...

Yeah, that first one of him smiling is so cute! And by the last comment, I mean how come we never took a picture with me and him.

Chuck Gates said...

He is so great! I am so jealous that everybody gets to see him. Mitzi and I wish we could be there too!

There is one picture where he totally looks like he could be Amy's or mine.

On another note, we need to fix your coding in your blog so that things don't get cut off (and remove that big empty space between the posts and the sidebar). We can't see the buttons to go forward and back. Add me as an editor and I will fix it.

Ashley said...

Like Mitzi, I just watched the slide show a few times. My 2 favorite pics - H lying on the white blanket eyes and mouth closed and H in the blue onsie on the striped blanket. I think he looks like our babies (and Amy's since my babies looked like her babies).

We hope to see you soon.

Debra Carroll said...

He is adorable! Congratulations! I think he looks just like his daddy. You sure have a beautiful baby!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yep, I knew he'd be good looking but he is more than that - he is PERFECTION! Congratulations on the world's cutest new member!

Lauren F. said...

Congrats! He is so adorable! I love he little chubby arms! Jon wants to know if you pronouce his name like the city or like the street in New York City?

bazookadaver said...

Adorable! So happy for you guys. I definitely see the Gates genes in him.

Wendy said...

He's adorable! I think he looks just like your cute husband. i can't believe I haven't see him in red yet! haha! Love you Fo!

Jill Manning said...

Congratulations Lani, how exciting!!! He is a totally Michael mini-me. What an exciting time for you guys! And I did you get the hooter hider I sent, I hope it didn't get lost in the mail and I really hope you like it.

All About Austins said...

Congrats!! He is SO stinkin' cute!

chelsea mckell said...

Awesome pictures! I know everyone says this, but I really mean it: he is a GORGEOUS baby!

Cody and Michelle said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you two!! You sure do make really cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh yippee he is here! ADORABLE. I just love their coloring when they are first born and all of their hair. AMAZING isn't it?