Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thanks Aunt Amy and Cousin Denim



I am so blessed to have such great a great family. Growing up people would ask if I liked having such a big family. I would always answer, of course, because they are all so unique that no matter what problem I have, one of them will have a good answer to help me if I need it.

Well, having Houston was evidence of that. After 10 hours of contractions through the night, I finally called my parents at about 5:30 am to let them know I was in labor. 2 hours later I called to give them another update- they were already at the airport on their way to meet us. I called my sister Tiffany at about 8 am. She was there within an hour of us asking her to come- she lives 40 minutes away. So I know she hopped in her car without hesitation!



Then, since my leg went numb (pretty get well flowers from my office) during delivery (btw- it is still numb but thanks to my wonderful cousin Kevan and my physical therapist, I am able to walk much better. Stairs are still hard, but it is minimal compared to what it was), my sister Amy flew out when my mom left, to help Michael and I adjust and take care of Houston. She brought Denim too. She taught us all the necessities... keep the head and feet warm during bath time to avoid crying, having the baby sleep high and near your bed is nice to quickly insert the binki back if needed, and most important... with boys- make sure it is pointing down in the diaper.

It was so nice to just focus on loving our new boy the first week. Amy kept calling him Bernie- like weekend at Bernie's because he was just this limp blob sometimes that you could do whatever you want with. And here is the proof!



Thanks Aunt Amy- we love you and are so grateful for you! Thanks Wayne for letting her come for so long! And thanks all the rest of my siblings- biological and in-laws who called to check in on me at always the perfect time! I love you all and am so grateful for you.

Plus- AS IF I wasn't lucky enough- Heavenly Father sent me wonderful in-laws! Thank you Eileen for coming to play with us the next week and thank you for forcing Michael and I on our first date night as parents. We were able to enjoy our time so much more knowing he was safe with grandma at home. Michael and I had been so busy the 2 weeks prior, we had barely spoken so we joked that that date was like a pre-marriage date because it was almost like we had forgotten how to be alone together. THANKS so much! WE lOVE YOU!

No comments: