The best part of the 2 weeks (with Aunt Meg and at the ranch) was it felt like... and I don't know how to say this the right way... a couples getaway with Houston! Does that make sense? I literally found myself falling more and more in love with him by the minute. It was just him and I relaxing for TWO WEEKS! No house to clean, no dishes to do, no TVs to watch, just us- playing and falling madly in mommy love! I mean... how could I not fall crazy in love with this little man? (pictures taken by my talented cousins).
Thanks Cristina...

The reunion itself was wonderful. Houston liked going fishing with Uncle Wayne...
playing in the bounce house with cousins...
chillin' with cousins...
going down the water slides with Uncle Wayne...
and strutting his new cowboy attire. I think he is cut out for cowboy life.
Some of my favorite things were the barn dance...
family game night (Rachel and Julia and team always outdo themselves on this one!)...
workshops, waxing party, time with my boy, and watching grandpa "hangout" with the teenagers.
My assignment for the reunion was the adult talent show. I tried to recruit before the reunion and had very little response. But I kicked it up in person and we pulled together a LOT of awesome acts! A shout out to Tiff for her tap number and Laura and Kevan (or should I say Kevan's lips:) for being the only two that RSVPed before the reunion. But also major props to everyone else that were able to pull these talents out!
It was really important to me to have the 2nd generation (Aunts and Uncles) do a number. I love my uncles and I think it is important for the younger generation to see a fun side of them. They see the Aunts doing fun things, but this is one of the only times they would even see the uncles and we wanted to make it memorable. We racked our brains and Mit had a great idea... the Aunts sang Honey Bun and the Uncles did NOT disappoint! Possibly my favorite picture of the entire reunion is the upper left of Grandpa crying because he is laughing so hard at his kids.
What a wonderful reunion! Thank you to ALL who helped plan and make an effort to come! It was the highlight of our summer! Michael is still bummin' that he missed out!
I love and miss you all already! Thanks to any who read this all:)(how did we EVER BLOG without picasa collages!?!?!?!?:)

3 comments:
Seriously, I need to get on the picasa collages bandwagon. It was way to hard for me to narrow down reunion pics for a post. Haha. That pic of Jared CRACKS me up!! And I adore the pics of you and houston in the brown shirts. Could he be any more adorable when saying "cheese!" I am so glad we could have that trip back the ranch. Great post!
THE CLEAR CREEK RANCH! BE STILL MY HEART!
LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment