Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas this year.

Chrstimas Eve we had a beautiful prime rib dinner followed by the tradition of being each others stocking elves. Eileen had us start this a few years ago and I think it is great (obviously... look at top middle picture in the collage below- I'm kind of a nerd). I don't know if it will work with little ones around so that is a bummer that it might be the last year to do it. We each get $20 and draw a name that also has a list of things that person wants in their stocking. We head to Target and we all have 20 minutes to be Santa's secret elves. Michael and I actually had each other this year.
We came home to read and re-enact the Nativity. Houston re-enacted it using the nativity set, but we couldn't find one full set so we had to combine characters from 3 different sets :) It was fun to think of how many different times, places, and people I have shared that tradition with. Then to think that all those people that I love are doing the same thing at the same time at different places in the world- even Mom and Dad in the Congo!
Christmas morning was wonderful! Houston got a new track suit and a roller McQueen bag from Grammy and Papa Hock and a tool workbench from Grammy and Papa Gates. The hit might have been his dollar stocking stuffer- the bath time basketball hoop. He loves it! Michael got the Ken Burns Baseball history DVD set and his Championship AFL ring (even though it won't come til March). I got new comfy cute sweats to fit my prego body.
Both families did service this Christmas which made it even more special (Gates and Hock). It was a wonderful Christmas season. We are so grateful to have the knowledge of the Gospel and the reason for the special season.

No comments: