Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Double Date+Nerf Guns= Living by Family ROCKS!

Maybe someday I will admit in a post how worried and anti-living by family I was. But I am so ashamed that I EVER thought those things that I am trying to repent and forget that I did! ESPECIALLY after nights like August 20th. We were planning to go get dinner and then hit the batting cages... a pretty fun date right? But one thing led to another and we realized that we needed to go return Connor's Nerf gun that broke, then added that McBride's house was framed and the perfect bunker- for a Wild West SHOOTOUT!The boys got side tracted on the task at hand in the Nerf aisle and Mike showed off quite the fencing skills... must the the Irishman in him. This is TOTALLY Michael's kind of thing, and Mike wanted to pretend like it wasn't- but he could not hide it once we opened fire.
Please excuse the bottom right picture-
REMEMBER it was pitch dark until the flash so I really didn't plan that despite my mischievous face!
We had a BLAST! We were all SO sweaty and hot- but it was 100% worth it! The 2 headlamps were perfect for finding our targets (and our bullets) then we would turn them off and it would be pitch dark. It was definitely a date night to remember!

I only wish that I knew where our laser tags pictures are from 15 years ago- because I'm pretty sure we made this exact same poses! I am so grateful to live by my sisters and brothers who I love so much! I am also grateful for my wonderful husband who still knows and loves a good date night!

I guess we will head to the batting cages next week!

3 comments:

Laura said...

So jealous! You guys are so much fun. Love the pic of you and mit and your expression is priceless.

Ed said...

Wow that last pic is really a boob shot isen't it Love E gates

Charise said...

HaHaHa! Dad, boob shot! Priceless!
I am totally in for batting cages next week!