I got an email yesterday morning from my Aunt Pam telling all of my wonderful Bodell Cousins that our beloved David had been hit by a truck while driving his Kia to work. He had stopped at a green light to let a deer pass and the truck did not see him or the deer apparently.
For those of you that never had the opportunity to meet David in this life, let me tell you... You missed out! David is one of the pure in heart that you read about in the scriptures. One that could not help but help others. One that made you laugh by his laugh... not a belly laugh a simple laugh that made you see humor in anything. One that knew what it meant to be a true friend, brother, cousin, grandson, and son.
Please someone tell me, is this Halloween? He always had a good wig though!
I'll never forget the nasty one he wore in #1 Northfork!
I'll never forget the nasty one he wore in #1 Northfork!
I find myself wishing I would have gone to see his beautiful new home when I was there in July. Or wished that I would have stayed up late that one more hour to play games with him. Or wishing I would have told him how amazing I thought he was and how much I looked up to him as my cousin just to make sure he knew. He was the leader of our age cousin pack. He was always the one to bring us together as cousins instead of siblings from different families. Whether it was for a game night, a night hike, or to cast us in his latest play/movie... he knew what it meant to be an example and a cousin and how to get us all feeling as one.
For now, I want to let his two little sweet children how crazy he was about them.
And now to my sweet prima Cris.... Oh dear Cris, how we love you! It is AMAZING for me to think HOW MUCH you have grown in the past 8 years since you came into our lives! Of course there is the language, but that is BARELY the tip of the iceberg! You have become a strong and amazing mother, wife, and woman! I love those pictures of you on facebook doing the mud run! I remember when you used to scoff at the IDEA that David suggested you go running! Again, just the tip of the ice berg! I am so proud of the woman you have become and I know that David is SO proud of you! You are STRONG! You are a wonderful mother and those little kids are lucky to have you.
To Jimae, Bruce, and all Kenney kids- we love you and are all aching for you! He was an example to all of us and we look forward to seeing him again someday. Thank you David for being my cousin, my friend. I am SOOOO glad Heavenly Father sent me to your family to live!
9 comments:
Lani, this is such a beautiful tribute! Thank you for the wonderful memories and the great pictures of David and the people he loved!
We love you all so much,
Polly and Dan
Thank you Lani for saying it all so well. This is a beautiful tribute to our amazing cousin.
Thank you for the wonderful tribute. I met David in our freshman year of college, and was fortunate to find him again after we returned home from our missions. He soon got me involved in Sigma Gamma Chi, which ultimately led to meeting my wife. David made our wedding video for us. I was just thinking about trying to see him over Christmas, and now I'm crying for him and his family. If you can post funeral information, I would greatly appreciate it, and I'll do my best to make it.
Steven Paradise
Wow. Beautiful. Thank you.
My name is Larry Krueger and I was David's mission companion in Muna, Mexico. He was so full of the spirit and love that he made me feel like a brother. Then I went back to Mexico in 2002 by myself and when I brought Dave the pictures he felt like he needed to go himself. When he went back, he met Cris and then I was fortunate enough to be at their sealing. We loved going to the ranch with him and a bunch of other people. He has been a dear friend and I just love your words about wishing to be with him a little more. I have been an emotional wreck this weekend and I really miss him. We are all gonna have to wait to see him again but in the meantime he has changed my life for the better. I want to live a life like him and love people like he did. I love this post and thank you for it. Please post funeral details.
Thank you Larry for your sweet words. They mean so much as soon it's tributes like yours and Lani's that will be what we have to fall back on. We will post funeral details as soon as we have them later this morning.
Lani, I hope you're okay with being our "go to" link because we just couldn't find any words to express it all and you managed to be able to do it. Love you and can't wait to get you here soon!
Lani, you do have a way with words. Aren't we the luckiest to have been able to grow up with such a wonderful guy? Can't wait to see you this week and give you hugs. Love you!
For those who may not have already seen it, Dave's obituary (with viewing and funeral details) is available at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=david-james-kenney&pid=155017643.
As I thought about Dave last night, I remembered his eternal optimism and his goodness. I never heard an unkind word come out of his mouth. He is a spiritual giant, and I am truly and deeply thankful to have known him and proud to call him my friend.
Hi, Well, I am Cristina's brother. Thanks for sharing these beautiful words about David. He was a beautiful person. I consider him as a my older brother. We all will miss David.
I know David's family will support my sister in these hard times... Blessings
Post a Comment