DQ quarter-- last year Michael and I were on our way home from Las Vegas the day after the BYU/UTAH game. Michael was dressed in his Utah gear and I was dressed in my BYU gear. We made a stop at the Beaver Dairy Queen. A cute old man came to us and said to Michael, "rough game yesterday." Michael kind of laughed and said "yep!"The old grandpa said he felt bad for Michael so he was going to give him his lucky penny while thrusting a penny toward Michael. As Michael went to take it from his hand, the old man flipped his hand in a circle and made the penny disappear.
The cute old man than turned to me and said, "... A Cougar fan deserves my lucky penny--" he thrusted the penny in my direction and I was cautious to reach out and grab it. As I went to grab it, he twirled his hand and turned the penny into a quarter.
The wise old man turned out to be the proud nieghbor of John Beck's grandfather. He told us that we should keep the quarter throughout our marriage and whoever's team won that year (Utah or BYU) should be able to keep it that year.
For Christmas last year, I had the quarter put in a plaque. One side with the Utah logo, one side with the BYU logo. It looks like the DQ quarter will stay on my side for another year!
As the punishment for the losing team and for the enjoyment of the winning team... the loser has to sing the fight song of the winning team. Enjoy the video!
7 comments:
hehehehe... that was great!
Too fun! Michael, you have a great voice, and I look forward to hearing you sing our Cougar song again next year...maybe you can get my dad to join you. He could have used your moral support on Saturday.
Connor says "Hock Funny!" That was great fun! I didn't know you made the plaque for the quarter, I thought that was something you could buy. That is a great story. Love you guys.
Oh how I love blogs! You can find old friends! Hey Lani, this is Kera (Maxwell) Washburn. I found your blog through my sister Karina, who has a link to Tiffany, and that led me to yours. Which I'm sure will lead to many more old friends from Irvine! Congrats on your marriage. Good luck with the Amazing Race and your job. Hope everything else is going well!
i have already shared my feelings with rachel and aaron, but feel compelled to do the same here. i love you, but i hate you. i do however really like your husband who i have only met once. he's allright by me, as long as he keeps wearing red. i will give you this, i admire a relationship that can exist happily under such circumstances.
Nice job Mike... but more importantly...
Are those Texas longhorns you have decorating your walls?
BEST THING EVER!!!!!
From now on, when I have a hard yucky day at the hospital with Cole... I will know that when I come home, at least I have Hawk's BYU fight song to look forward to!
Life just got REALLY GOOD!
Post a Comment