Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week 1 Hermosillo


Well, we are here, alive, and well. Life is great. The first few days were an adjustment to working with the new company- but now we are just enjoying. I love getting to spend so much time with Michael and to be on such an adventure. The ward is great. They have all pretty much adopted Michael in an effort to get him to learn Spanish. I can understand when I focus, but by the third hour my mind is pretty dead and it becomes harder to listen. I bore my testimony in RS today and all the sisters were so cute to come up and thank me. Yesterday I went to the RS breaksfast which was neat. Although the breakfast was a concoction I expected only to see my grandpa eating (bowl of fruit, granola, raisins, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, and syrup), the company and the lesson was beautiful. It talked about how each sister is different (Everyone picked up a fruit. I picked up a banana- hard to get through to sometimes- but soft and enjoyable on the inside) but when we come together as sisters in Zion we make a wonderful fruit salad. Then she talked about how sad it is that we have so many less active sisters and how important it is to do visiting teaching. The bishopric was changed today. We can tell both bishops are incredible men just in our short time.

1 comment:

Steph H said...

That's so fun! And I love that you guys have jumped right into your new ward. That must be fun to see how the church is in that area. Instant family no matter where you go :). I like the fruit salad lesson too! Yum!