Monday, October 27, 2008

Farewell to my Ode to Zofran

As many of you will recall, about 6 weeks ago I wrote a post with my Ode to Zofran. Well, no mas! My insurance has decided not to cover it any more. Thus my body has resorted back to throwing up a few times a day, being nauseous all day, and me being in a not-so-nice mood most of the day:) I hate not feeling like myself and not being able to do anything to change it. I love playing with my husband. I love laughing. I love hard work. I love getting things done. I love working so hard that at the end of the day I can say, "man, I rocked today I got so much done". None of these things seem easy or sometimes even possible without Zofran. My body is so weak I just want to cry. I'm too stubborn to want to go to bed- but I can work through tears with the best of them!

I guess insurance only covers it for 90 pills. I was taking 2 a day (most women just take one a day- but I was up to 2/day) usually so it lasted me about 45 days. They say I should be better by now. They do say that they will give me more... if I am hospitalized. So that leaves me with 2 options- 1) pay the $30/day for the pills (aich- that adds up fast even if it does mean being myself again!)or 2) stop taking any medicine for a week, loose 5 lbs through throwing up, forcing myself to be hospitalized.

ARGH!

I am so excited to be a mom... but I also need to work. And I don't like to work unless I can be awesome at it. I'm afraid this might be the Lord's way of telling me that I am not super woman and forcing me to slow down at work to prepare for motherhood. There are chances at work for a promotion along with me applying for a few other positions, and I just keep thinking "At my 100%, I would SO be perfect for this. however, i am more like a 60% right now".

I shall find a way! Don't you worry- I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

I am SO SORRY!!!

Charise said...

Seriously... Let's just get you admitted to the hospital..
Okay, I am really good at this.
Your first step is...
Seriously... do you want help?
I have a bit of a talent on this issue.

Chuck Gates said...

Stupid health insurance! Man, I hate how you pay so much money and then they jack you out of the care you need. You are legitimately sick and I feel bad for you. You pay lots for health insurance and they won't give you what would easily fix the problem.

I just wish there was something you could do to get back at those mean insurance companies... Something you could pay very little for, but get lots of benefits for... Something that would really be to your benefit when you really need it, but doesn't cost very much at all... Hmmmm.... I wonder... Maybe this idea under comment #4 is a good idea!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry you're back to feeling yucky again. I hope you are able to be back to yourself again soon. Thanks for taking my girls to ChuckECheese. They had a great time with you two!