A couple weeks ago, it was the day before my birthday...Saturday, March 7. I knelt in prayer and as a selfish mom, prayed that for my birthday, Houston would sleep longer than 2 hours. He had never done it- but I prayed with great faith that he would. I went to sleep confident in faith and happy in my new cute birthday pajamas, that tonight was the night... Houston was going to break the 2 hour barrier.
I was sleeping soundly when I awoke to Houston's cries. I shot a look at the clock... it had worked! He had slept 2 hours and 45 minutes... ALMOST 3 HOURS! I was ecstatic. I practically skipped to get him from his swing where he sleeps. I was walking on air! I had been blessed with a wonderful birthday present- the gift of sleep. I grabbed him from his bed and went to change his diaper before feeding him. I felt something sticky on my NEW cute birthday pajamas... Houston's first real Blow out! That did not matter... why you ask? Because I had SLEPT- and slept good for almost 3 hours! It was wonderful. I cleaned Houston and myself up (with Michael's help) then fed him- all the while beaming at my good little boy who had broken the 2 hour barrier and slept almost THREE hours!
When he was done eating, I glided back to our room to put him to bed. I tucked him in and gave him a kiss. I thanked him for his birthday gift to mommy of letting me sleep an extra hour. I climbed into my side of the bed and went to kiss Michael. My eye caught sight of his clock. Confused, as it was 3 am, I looked closer. I calculated it in my head again. I swore that when I woke up- it said 3 am! I laid down to further contemplate. My eyes than caught a glimpse of my clock... 4 am. A few seconds passed before I let out a good laugh... Happy Birthday Lani... as well as Happy Daylight Savings!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
lol! That is funny!
Hi Meilani, this is Paige Cordon, Michael's old roommate Jared's wife... I have to say with reference to your "how are you post" that I can totally relate. Nicholas was a HARD baby. Big time. It doesn't mean I loved him any less but he sure made the days tough sometimes. I felt the hardest part was not feeling "bonded" to him as instantaneously as I expected, and it made me feel a bit guilty. But they grow out of it, you move on, and everything turns out fine. Just get through the hard times the best you can and try to do some things for you and your sanity when possible!
As far as sleep advice... we moved Nicholas out of our room at 3 weeks, and (as he gained weight appropriately) we let him cry it out when we knew he didn't really "need" the food. It was difficult but buy the 3rd night they can do it. The sleep really saved me!
Sorry this comment is so long!!
That's funny. Poor you! I hope he sleeps longer soon. Man, you just never think of stuff like this while you have it (that we sleep a solid eight hours with no interruptions). I need to be more grateful. Happy birthday!
Post a Comment