Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Christmas

HOLY COW! It is 2010 and I am posting about Thanksgiving! Yikes.

Thanksgiving Day we woke up and headed to watch Michael play in the Turkey Bowl.

It was VERY COLD! The Californians were great sports. Grammy kept doing laps around the track with Houst and Papa Hock and I just bundled up as much as we could.

Houston was just happy to be with grammy Hock and watching daddy play.

We came home and started cooking away. I was surprised by how fun and how different it felt to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner in our own little apartment with parents coming to visit US! I'm sure it will blow my mind someday when we are in a home we own for the holidays. Eileen did the sweet potatoes and turkey (the hard stuff) and I did the rest (jello pretzel salad, corn casserole). It turned out pretty darn yummy!

We cleaned up...

to get ready for Christmas! Yep- Christmas! We decided since it was the only time we were going to be with Mike and Eileen for the holidays- we decided to have Christmas on Thanksgiving night.

We trimmed the tree and did some decorating. (You know how I mentioned someday doing Thanksgiving in our own home... maybe we should think in baby steps and think someday getting a life-size tree :)

But it seems to be perfect Houston size right now :)

Houston helped a little but was pretty worried about the prickly stuff.

Grammy and Papa Hock spoiled us all. Michael got a little home gym system (pull up, push up, ab straps) and a really nice Gonzaga windbreaker.

Houston wasn't as into the unwrapping thing as we had thought. We saved a few for him to unwrap later but we was never really interested in unwrapping.
The toys inside; however, were of BIG interest! He LOVED them!


He got a Mickey airplane, his phone, his Gonzaga beanie, and new wardrobe.

Thank you so much Mom and Dad! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas with you! We love you and will miss you!

I think Houston will miss them the most.


No comments: