I have been so insistent on "catching up" on blogging our trips and visitors that I feel like I have missed blogging some of the cute little things about Houston.
BALLS- He paces back and forth our small apartment like he owns the joint. He loves balls! He thinks anything round is a ball and as soon as his eyes make contact with anything hinting at round he will say "BALL" and squirm away from whatever attempt of a hold I have on him and goes and attacks it (yep... you got it... the kid can't say mom but he has nailed "ball"). We sit in the gym portion at Church and it is a weekly occurrence during Sacrament meeting for him to stand up on my lap point straight up at the basketball hoop and loudly request, "BALL?!?". He has a mini-hoop from Uncle Steve that he loves to dunk on. He has just been able to start doing it by himself last month and he thinks he is Michael Jordan. I have finally realized I need to be more cautious of round things... the other day I found him spiking a fresh cantaloupe in the kitchen!
The Cutest!- He loves "talking" to himself and "reading" books to himself... but my favorite that he has just started doing on demand the last few days is "singing". It is the CUTEST! or maybe the CUTEST is last month he started folding his arms for prayers. The other day Michael and I were eating a snack and it must have looked like a meal to Houst so he came up to sit on my lap and folded his arms. THE CUTEST! He folds his arms but points both fists down to the floor tightly. I guess he thinks it is a tense position or something.
The tantrums- He has come to the age of throwing tantrums... great. Usually it is when I'm making dinner and he wants to be held. He burrows his head into my legs like he is trying to take me out at the knees. When that doesn't work, he works his way around to the front of me and tries squeezing with everything he has got in between me and the cupboards I'm making dinner on. Sometimes I step back and let him in and he thinks, "Golden... I'm in" only to realize I just walked to the other counter. He then proceeds to reach both arms up at me throws his head back as far as it can go and whines as much as he can which is usually limited because the extreme backward krick in his neck is taking a toll on the amount of oxygen getting to the screaming mechanism.
Kids are the best. I am grateful to have a best friend with me at all times because I always have one of my boys next to me it seems. I could go on for hours about that kid but that is probably enough for now. I attached a quick collage of some of my recent favorites including (top right clockwise): 1) Houst in "his" chair- he climbs up and sits in it all by himself sometimes just to rock (aka bang his head against the back of it until it starts moving and inch or so) back and forth while he thinks, 2) he is a great sharer, his cousin had just stole his blue mickey cup and given him a pink cup- he didn't care- he drank up like an Irishman, 3) Center- he loves all things accessories- hats, shoes, necklaces, as of late he has taken a liking to the tiara my neice left here last week, 4) Houston attacking ridiculous obstacle courses he has set up for himself by crawling army style under his toys 5) Houst performing his first magic trick he puts the tupperware lid on top of his morning cereal, throws it over his shoulder and lets it slide down his back, then does this face as if t say, "Where'd it go?", then he starts laughing as he leans forward to reveal the truth behind the magic.
2 comments:
Dinner time tantrums I think never stop. That's still my hardest time of the day with all 3 of my girls.
I love the magic trick! It's so funny when kids laugh at their own jokes, it makes them laugh even harder.
What a hoot! He is one funny kid.
Post a Comment