After dinner we headed for our favorite river walk from Campus to downtown to see how the 4th festivities were going. It was DEAD! Compared to Hoopfest the week before where it was body-to-body in places, this was sad to see (Of course, there had been a shooting the last day of hoopfest so not the BEST publicity for the 4th festivities:). It made Michael a little more relaxed because the week prior at Hoopfest some hippie/bum came walking straight at Michael stook out his hand and introduced himself. I was surprised that Michael reciprocated the gesture and introduced himself. Spokane might have shootings- but we have some of the friendliest bunch of hippies around!
We stopped to get some fresh homemade doughnuts... YUUUUUMMY! they have a booth at the Shock games that I might need to start hitting up at half time!
On the 4th I was torn. My heart knew it was the Sabbath but my heart also longed to express my patriotism and love for my country and those who have fought to protect my freedoms. I tried enjoying the specials on tv to get my patriotic vibe (Capitol 4th helped- the Obama Ford's Theater 4th... WHAT A WASTE!) fulfilled. But it still was not enough. So I gave my husband a 5 minute warning and we were out the door!We headed back to our favorite walk for our Sunday stroll to the festivities. There were a lot more people which was good. Although I did not see one firework in person (it gets dark really late here so fireworks were after 10 and I didn't want to get a babysitter), I did feel like I was out celebrating with strangers, but fellow Americans. My husband was so great to hop up and go when he knew it meant so much to me.
Happy 4th Everyone! Hope it was full of fireworks and patriotism!
No comments:
Post a Comment