Saturday, October 23, 2010

The prego bump

I've never taken one of these before and I feel like I missed out on part of pregnancy because of it. Last pregnancy I was so sick that the 9 months are a blur. I went back to try to see any pictures of how I looked at this phase of pregnancy the last round and there are none a) because I was so miserable and probably didn't want to take any and b) we lost our camera close to this time last pregnancy.

Last pregnancy the only thing I could keep down was chocolate peanut butter milk shakes (made with non-fat yogurt at least :) and somehow it ended up as 55 lbs. Michael keeps saying how he still doesn't really "get" that I am pregnant because a) I haven't been the miserable yucky wife I was last time and b) he says I still look so skinny. (Thanks babe)
Well sometimes I definitely notice! It could be because my friend Rachel and I have been making all sorts of desserts to use our apples up or because she brought out a bowl of cookie dough TWICE in the last month (right after an hour of power walking though!) but some days I feel it. The other day while skyping with my parents in Africa they asked how my belly was looking and were not very impressed. So these are for them.

The first one I forgot the purpose of the picture and so I sucked in :)
and.... ta da... here I am at almost 19 weeks. Almost half way there!
Woo hoo! I'm officially a pregnant blogger with these right! I'm so grateful I have not been NEARLY as sick this time. We still go for a good hour walk almost every morning plus lifting weights 3 times a week. Let's see how long that lasts huh? :)

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

He he! You do have a belly! So cute!

Laura said...

Love it! And I didn't know you could "suck in" a 19 week pregnant belly...I'm impressed!

Julia Davis said...

Yeah, you can't even tell in that first pic with you sucking it in! Haha! So excited for you! Houston will be such a cute big brother.
P.S. I laughed so hard at the videos with the pants on the head. Love those moments!