Friday, May 13, 2011

Our funny little man

Michael reminded me tonight that it is weird to think that our little boy is in the funny kid phase and just as much as we loved and lived by every funny thing our nephew Dillon did as a kid, others might enjoy our funny little man.

He really is a funny kid. I mean, it might be because I am head over heels madly in love with him, but I really think he is funny.

1) Today Michael was IM-ing me about his job and I was getting so excited for him. I sat there and started thinking about if I miss the career world. I responded to the IM conversation with the following:
You might think your job is cool... but my colleague here at my job was just talking on a miniature cell phone (aka one of his Kix) and when he hung up I asked who he was talking too... and he responded "Professor VonDrake".... we are very educated bunch here :)Professor VonDrake is from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse- a show we live by in this house. He gave me the sliest smile after he said it like he knew he was being funny.

2) Then tonight at our family date night at sam's club he took the cardboard wraparound label from my chicken salad and looked at it for a second before putting it on his head and saying, "look daddy, a hat" which he then wore as a crown for the rest of the meal. ... I just wish I would have remembered that he later put it on my head since we then ran into Michael's boss in which I was still wearing the chicken salad label crown and did not realize for the first 5 minutes :) nice.

3) There was a nice old gas worker the other day that came over to the minivan I was driving and started trying to chat with the kids. He was wearing a straw hat and was pretty hard of hearing. He asked Houston how his day was to which houston could not focus on the answer because he assumed he had been transported to the real wild west and as he pointed to the old man excitedly and repeated "Mommy, a COWboy!" I tried not to laugh as the cute old man as he replied "You are a good boy" obvious that he had not heard the real statement.

The next day on our walk, the stroller made an arch shadow over his head and he proudly said in a deeper voice (which I always love), "Mommy, look! I a cowboy!" as he pointed to the shadow on the ground.

Man I love this kid.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

He is such a cutie. I'm so excited to get to know him better since we will be seeing you more often.

Laura said...

He is so cute! I love this age when they are learning so much and communicating their own ideas and personalities. We want to see more of Ms. Hadley!!