Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Hey guys"

May 18
I love my little man's imagination, he is so good to include everyone, well at least when it comes to his toys and inanimate objects. He has been so nice to his toys for a while now.

It started with him teaching Bert how to pray, which was always followed with a hug for Bert accompanied by a "Good Job Bert!". Then we fueled the fire by telling him that "the guys" (all the stuffed animals in his bed) were EXTREMELY tired and needed to nap and wanted him to snuggle them while they slept. (Michael is SO awesome at laying this story on thick!) But I have found that his friendship with his "guys" is something that always melts my heart.
Taken Jan 15 before prayers
It was dark, the flash caused the nose scrunch
I love when he goes and gets "the guys" and says "Let's go guys! Time for bed!"

I love it when I hear him trip or fall, and the first thing he does when he hops up, instead of worrying about himself, he will say, "You ok wet wipes? I sorry". Yep, the item doesn't even have a face.

Or when I give him his Mickey Mouse sippy cup while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, he jumps up and runs to the tv screen and says in his high pitched mommy impersonating voice while holding his cup up next to the screen, "look Mickey, that's Yoooouuu!"

Or when he says to his Lightning and Maymay stickers, "I'll be back guys, I have to go eat my sandwich".
Or when he finds an action figure he has been looking for for a while and they finally reunite and he runs to pick them up, and puts it nose to nose to him and says, "Chick! Are you ok?!?" Then nods Chick's head by bobbing his wrist up and down followed by an embrace of this little silver dollar sized car figurine.

But I think the best one came this morning when he had a little constipation problem, and after a tearful potty session, he turns to the wet wipes sitting on the back of the toilet and says to the characters printed on the wet wipe container, "Woody... Buzz... I go poo poo in the big boy potty but I hurt" with big tears still in his eyes.

Oh how I love my boy.

Here is a 4 minute video (YIKES!) that I'm pretty sure will just be interesting to me and grammys- but here is Houst playing with the guys on April 27 when he was sick so sounds a little whiny. But I can't believe how much he has grown up just since moving here because he looks and sounds so little in it.



No comments: