Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Houston the Entertainer

Houston was a natural born entertainer. He loves to make people laugh. I'm afraid I have ruined him for life because when his friends/cousins don't laugh as hard as mommy does at his jokes, he looks at me like, "mom, is this thing on?!?!? Tough crowd! Why aren't they laughing?". He usually does it just naturally and I find him hilarious.

One day as Michael was leaving to work, he said "are you going to take good care of mommy today?" to which he responded, "yeah, I'll be really funny to make her laugh a lot so she smiles a lot". So apparently he knows that I am his number one fan.

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend full of fun family activities. Well way back on Friday we went to the Streets of Southpointe and stopped to enjoy a street entertainer who's main act was juggling. Houston had asked what juggling was when the entertainer said it so I tried to explain. Houston was amazed and after the juggler had gotten up on a plank on a skateboard and juggled fire and knives, Houston said, "when I am 10 I want to do that!" Apparently in Houston's mind- 10 is when you become an adult.

This morning he comes to me with 2 balls, sets them by his feet and says, "Mom, I'm going to juggle for you." Then points at me with his angry eyes and says "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME MOM!" So apparently he had heard every word the entertainer said, but apparently the warning of caution did not actually apply to him.

He picked up the balls, threw them in the air, and when they did not automatically come magnetically back to his hands he said, "my juggling didn't work mom" like- these balls are broken- we need to put batteries in them because batteries fix everything and then my juggling will of course work.

Oh I love being a mom to my little entertainer... and yes, I am his biggest fan.

No comments: