Even if it is just shopping, playing "swords" or light sabers, or going to hit baseballs, we love it and we love making sure we do SOMEthing each weekend.
My grandpa recently told me at my grandma's funeral that he had a secret to share with me... "sometimes... she would go to sleep with a dirty kitchen! and that is because she knew it was more important to snuggle with me than have a perfectly clean kitchen"
Ever since he said that to me in March- I have found myself smiling on Sunday nights that my kitchen is a MESS! My husband is wonderful and demands that snuggle time is more important than a clean kitchen even when I am reluctant. My goal is to have the house super clean on Friday so that we don't need to feel stressed about it again until Monday. Sometimes I make it- sometimes I don't. I've learned to take pride in the reason behind the mess (and maybe even the mess!).
June 8th we went to Bond Park and rented a paddle boat.
It was hot but still fun and fun to be stuck in the middle of the water together.
Thank you grandma and grandpa for another tidbit of wisdom of true love! Thank you husband for agreeing that family time and snuggles usually trumps the need to nest and clean.

1 comment:
That is so cute! I am going to try to remember that.
Post a Comment