Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First real big boy hair cut

Houston has been the victim of mommy haircuts for 3 1/2 years. Since moving here, we have been spoiled to have a real treat with Aunt Mitzi semi-professional haircuts. Sometimes he does really well (with bribery of lollipops and popsicles)- sometimes not so much. Squirming, jumping up and down, rolling his head around, sobbing, etc. Well after a particularly bad mommy hair cut in June (...it was terrible folks... I wish I had a before picture) with life being crazy, I was just not in the mood to fight him again on fixing it. So I splurged and took him to get a $10 hair cut. Totally worth it. He loved it!

He was such a big boy... and SO SERIOUS! He did not move and did not stop staring at himself in the mirror as she worked. He kept the cape on and kept his head down. He thought the big chair was so cool. He was a real champ! And I thought he looked so big!

They gave him a lollipop on his way out and he thought he had died and gone to heaven. 

When we left I asked him what he thought and he asked if we could "go back to the big chair hair cut store every time... and Aunt Mit's SOMEtimes!" ... There were no requests for Mommy's fine artistry... how rude!

No comments: