This post could be like 5 different posts but let's just get it out in one sha-bang huh?
Our little AJ is a...
"Handsome Crier" -Daddy
"Squishy sweetheart" -Mommy
"Hunky Chunky" -Houston
"Aaaaahhhh" -Hadley
Taken 9/23- 11 days old... yep... we are officially a family of FIVE!
Our first week home was bliss and besides the tiredness- it has been so ever since. We all adore AJ- especially Hadley and Houst. Michael and I were talking
about it this morning how much we love that each of our kids love the
others so much. When one wakes up from a nap the other acts like they
haven't seen them in months. My heart never gets used to it and it
swells with joy every time. Houst loves to snuggle him, Hadley loves to smother him with kisses. They are both really good to be soft and I love that both of their voices go up an octave any time they are talking to or about him.
Upper left: I love how Hadley and Houston are best friends. They often sit like this and put their arms around each other like that. I think Hadley's open mouth attacking kisses have got to be terrifying to AJ but adorable to her mommy. Big picture: classic... daddy trying to help Houston have a moment but Hadley demanding a horsey ride.
Oh how I love a newborn. The chancing one eye awakening, the freedom from swaddle stretches, the look of clean puke free baby in a hooded towel that last minutes before puke or poop erupts again, the yawns that seem so big for such little faces, and of course... the squishy cheeks (seriously- how can you not squish those pillows?!?)
AJ is a pretty good sleeper. He is better than Houst but not as good at Hadley. It was very easy to get him on a 5 hour sleep schedule and I'm now trying to widen that. I feel terrible for people who have babies that still wake up every two hours. I am already whiney and tired by 6:30 at night with my limited interruptions.
The first couple weeks I kept having deja vu as I would dress AJ in all of Houston's clothes. It reminded me of my early days of being a mom. I was nervous about every little thing. My sister Amy (and my mom) came to help me do all the little things- first bath and first outing but mostly taught me that it is important to just sit and stare at them sometimes. Looking at pictures of Houston as a Baby make me so glad to be stay at home mom now. I went back to work after 2 weeks with Houst and the first 2 months are a blur I was always so tired.
Guess which one is Houst and which is AJ- I'll give you a hint- AJ had an extra pound in each cheek
Nursing has been easier than with the others, but still not easy. I still feed for an hour each time which means 1/4 of my day is spent sitting and feeding. It is a two hand task so I can't do anything besides read or watch tv while I feed. I tried SNS this time which has helped (inserting a small syringe tube of formula while nursing to keep him interested in my skim milk). I am still feeding 6 times a day but supplement after every other time.He has started getting those cute smiles- especially when he is full. That's how I know he is done. When is mouth opens to a big Sandlot Squints Smile.
Being a Mother is amazing. It is amazing to me that to all of you who will look at these pictures they will look like the same picture 5 times. But to me, they are very different because I know each little curve of his smile and widening of his eyes. I always feel bad for the daddys about this point. I feel like I am getting to know AJ so well with my 6 hours of nursing a day :) and Michael only sees him when he is crying. But we are getting to the good times where he isn't a newborn that just cries, eats, and sleeps but instead wants to stay up and interact. Last night I took over bathtime and had Michael just hold him for 20 minutes so that he can get a glimpse of how sweet our bundle of joy is.
Taken today Nov 2
Is it just me or does this one have potential to look like a Gates baby.... FINALLY! I think he kind of looks like Chuck's baby pictures in this one.








No comments:
Post a Comment