Thursday, March 11, 2010

Grammy's Valentine's visit

Last month Eileen came to play... just play! No reason in particular, besides that she just missed us (I'm guessing Houston had a major role in that). It was so fun just to play! We relaxed, read books, went to Red Robin, went for a walk, went to get Houst's one year pictures, talked, laughed, and ate yummy homemade lava cakes from my new cookbook she gave me.
(Click on the picture to make enlarge it)
Eileen went to watch Michael at one of his intramural basketball games which was nice. She took a lot of good videos and pictures so I could see it when they got home and explained the highlights (they don't allow kids in the intramural courts).

My favorite time with visitors is usually the walk to see our beautiful Northwest and enjoy some bonding time, but I have to admit that this time I was kind of partial to Date night. There is nothing better than a fabulous date night and coming home to hear that grammy and Houston had a great time snuggling and playing all night. Eileen was so cute and said her "Valentine's Date" was perfect! I'm sure she would have said that anyways, but I really believe that it was perfect. I loved being out with Michael and knowing that Houst was at home playing and bonding with grammy. It was a double hitter because not only did Michael and I enjoy a wonderful Valentine's Date (Orange Julius and Dear John) but Houst got quality one-on-one grammy time.

Thank you so much for coming Eileen! We can't wait to see you again. We miss you already!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I am liking the colored backgrounds of the collages. Very cool!

Steph H said...

When you wrote "Michael's intramural basketball game" for some reason I read it Michael's ISTRUMENTAL basketball game. And I thought, wow, cool, I didn't know Michael played any instruments! (don't even ask me how that would work... but I had this vision of Michael and others sitting on a basketball court with tuxedos and violins...)

Leave it to me, right? (the cinematography in basketball has really gotten good!)