It started with Michael and I taking Houston to his first birthday party. It was at a really big park which Houston loved. I don't think he touched any of the equipment or even really said hi to the birthday girl. He just liked running back and forth on the grass, conquering the "big step" (3 inches) down into the sand box, and his favorite... tackling the balloons. But he got a little distracted when he discovered his reflection in one of the balloons.
Then we dropped Houston off with the babysitter at our apartment and headed for dinner. Thanks to our Entertainment book we found a yummy Mexican grill (Tecate) and we enjoyed these delicious fajitas for 1/2 off. HOLY SHERMAN that was a lot of food! Lasted us a couple days!
Then we came home for game night which is always our favorite. I don't know what we are going to do when Blake and Amy have their baby and when Rachel has her second. Hopefully we will find a way to make our game nights still happen and to have Kevin come someday instead of staying at home with Ava.Usually it is all fun and games (these guys "get us" and will play along when Michael declares it a "you must sing everything you say this round" or "ahhhh, my friend Blake used to always say")...
but sometimes we get a bit more serious! My favorite nights are the nights that there is no seriousness- just laughter and talking.
It was one the best game nights ever! I laughed so hard I cried!Michael cried too- but for a different reason. Amy laid down the law and said she was sick of seeing the quarter on the wrong side and it was high time it moved to its rightful side. So we let Michael do the honors.
Go Cougars!It was a wonderful night and we stayed up way too late! Thank goodness for 1 o'clock church, huh?
Personal jokes from game night:
Rachel: I mean we are all adults here... hey this lights up when it spins...(continues to spin to see the lights)
Amy: Are we?
So does it self-destruct?
I don't know, what's the going rate for babysitting?
Michael: I don't know, call S.
Michael: They have them at Fuddruckers
Rachel: YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH MISTER! (Pointing seriously at Michael in the eyes)
1 comment:
Way to change the plaque! That is a HUGE plate of fajitas!
Post a Comment