Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dittbrenner kids

Since Wayne and Amy had to head home for work, we got the Dittbrenner kids all to ourselves for a few extra days. Houston was usually pretty happy about sharing his "pad" with his cousins- so much that he did not ever want to sleep.

I tried to think of some good summer activities for while they were here but the weather was not much help. So we did what we could. When it was dry, we tried to get out. We had races (Uncle Hock's idea), watched movies, baked, did yoga, and played games. Oh, and Houst was a big fan of Denim's luggage. He kept wheeling it around the house. After the 3rd time of poor Denim cleaning out her clothes that were strewn around the house, she started zipping her bag!
The kids were doing pretty well but I was going stir crazy! Not only were there a lot of people in our small apartment- there was a LOT of iCarly in our apartment! :) They were so cute and content despite the rain outside but I was ready to go out. So Michael got home from school and we left the boys with him. I took the three girls and we headed to the mall.

We parked at JCPenney and asked if they had any photo shoot openings before closing. We were penciled in for an hour later. We walked steps away to the girls department and began our fashion show. We chose out all sorts of fun party dresses. There was no one there! We had the dressing rooms all to ourselves. We only saw one other person the whole time.

I was so proud of the girls for finding their dresses then making them modest. I had fun and I think they did too! I know Denim did by her twirling in one of her princess dresses and singing "A Whole New World" at the top of her lungs in the dressing room (we had watched Aladdin earlier that day). We coordinated to find our favorites then headed back to the photo studio for our photo shoot. I just wished I would have thought to bring a brush if I had known that is what we were going to do. We made due with what we had and had a blast!
Because I take Houston all the time I have a JCPenney Portrait Club card so it was free except for the $15 I spent on like 25 prints. TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Thanks for coming to visit guys! Can't wait to have you back!

5 comments:

Miss Tangen said...

Those pics are SO cute! What a fun auntie!

Tiffany said...

So fun! I love all of you doing yoga. And Houston's face with the minnie bag is great!

Mitzi said...

You are such a cute Auntie!!

Ashley said...

The pictures are so cute.

Chuck Gates said...

What an adorable Aunt Lani! Those pictures are so adorable of those sisters.