Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween

For our ward trunk or treat, they asked us to come dressed as our favorite Book of Mormon characters. I have to admit, I was slow to hearken. Each Halloween I think, "ok, this year I am going to do this holiday right". Well with Halloween on a Sunday and the trunk or treat being a theme, I wasn't going to go BUY, and definitely not MAKE, a costume that he wasn't going to properly use.

But Michael was insistent that we follow the Bishop's request of dressing as Book of Mormon characters. I tried brainstorming what I could come up with using cardboard, towels, and tin foil and it was just not flowing. Then when Michael left that morning he said, "I don't know, I'll find something to wear and then wear my Utah sandals. Where else am i ever going to wear those". That last sentence continued ringing in my ears the next few hours and I thought, "where have I heard that?" A HA!!! That is when it clicked! Each time we move, my husband has uttered those words to me when he sees my boxes of African stuff!
So out to storage I went and wah-la! Out came Alma the younger and his family! Thank you Africans for the gifts! I finally put them to use! Well most of them.

I would have to give the prize to Kevin for biggest Captain Moroni muscles and the Voorhees for best thought out and coordination (see above- top right). See if you can guess what they are.

The Voorhees also win the prize for actually carving pumpkins to decorate the trunk with... and doing it with Gonzaga pride!On Halloween we went to hang out at the Magelsens for dessert night. It was funny, I think we all kind of forgot to actually buy candy for Sunday since we celebrated the night before so anytime the doorbell rang, we would be scouring the closet looking for what treats we had hidden away for a rainy day.

No comments: