Monday, November 8, 2010

Living "on the edge"

When we came looking for places to live, I knew Beau Rivage was the place for us. But I was intrigued by the colorful apartments that neighbored us. I soon found out that all of our friends were Beau Rivagers but switched over to the new "Sesame Street" apartments when they opened up. They look so nice, and they are, but it is low-income housing. This is wonderful for my friends and if we would have stayed longer, perhaps we would have looked into it. But some of our guests have mentioned "that place is sketchy" or "do those kids HAVE parents" when going over to their park. We haven't minded it. They have playgrounds and a rec room that we use often. But we have had to be careful. Houston loves to pick up trash and take it to the garbage can. The other day this is what he brought back to me. It could have been worse and it was empty :)

No comments: