Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hadley: Then and Now (4 months)

Many of you know, before we found out what we were having I was confident it was a boy mostly because I feared having a girl. What if she was a diva? I don't do well with divas. What if she wanted to be frilly and wanted a mom who was frilly? I could try to be frilly. What if I'm not cut out to have a girl? I promise I would try.

The night before we found out the gender, Michael and I both went to bed confident it was a girl. That night I slept so soundly and had one long dream that seemed to last all night! It was a beautiful dream of this sweet little girl named Hadley. She was adorable! I couldn't remember what she looked like when I woke up but I remember thinking she was so adorable. I remember Michael and Houston just worshiping her the whole dream and she just loved them. She had zero diva to her. She was just a perfect angelic sweetheart. The next morning I woke up and told Michael that it was going to be a girl and I was surprised to find I was at peace and even excited about it. I also let him know that even though we had talked about naming her MeiLee, I thought her name might be Hadley whether we liked it or not :) Which we both did fortunately.

Well, within minutes of coming into this world she was screaming really loud while the nurses bathed her. They joked and said, this one is not going to have ANY problems letting people know when she wants to be heard. For that brief few minutes I thought, it doesn't matter if she is a wild one, I KNOW that it is going to be ok from the sweet dream I had. When they finished doing what they needed to, they placed her in my arms and she was perfectly at peace and has barely made a peep since.

This one truly came as an angel and as a mommy's girl... and I am smitten! I often think, "how could I have been such a brat to not want such a delicate sweet girly spirit in my life. I am SO glad Heavenly Father knows me better than I do!"
Pictures taken March 25
Look at how big she looks upper right

Along with her being a perfect angel comes a little trial. She is so low maintenance it is hard to know if and when she needs anything. I was grateful for the books I had read and fed her right on schedule. I would set my alarm at night to wake her up to feed her because I really think she would go 16+hours if not! She has always acted like she was fine. People kept telling me I was crazy for waking a sleeping baby, but I had too and I'm glad I did!

Apparently I was right but should have done it even MORE! She was born 8 lbs 10 oz. At her 4 month check up she was 10lbs 5 oz and was in the 3%. I explained my little sweet angel to the dr and I was grateful for a good dr that instead of questioning me as a mother, quickly reassured me I was doing a good job but said I was right- sometimes we are blessed with sweet angels that we know better what they need so to stop listening to others opinion and wake her to feed her because mama's do know best!
Pictures taken July 18
Thanks Aunt Mit

We started her on a gain weight diet and came back for a check up 2 weeks later. She gained 2 lbs and was in the 10%. that is more than she gained in the first 4 mos of life! They were very proud of her and so were we!

We are so grateful for this beautiful daughter and the sweetness that she brings. She might have fulled the nurses into think she was going to be a high-maintenance diva, but not me, I knew my sweetheart from that beautiful dream many months prior.

Michael and I have talked about the differences between the ultrasounds of finding out the genders. Houston was playing and kicking the entire 30 minutes- Hadley looked like she was doing water ballet! We knew from that point on- she was a delicate gentle lady. The word Michael and I think sums her up is "sweet". (Houston is too much of something- we still can't narrow him down to one word!) We love her so much and are so happy she is healthy and happy.

4 comments:

Laura said...

what a doll!

Melanie said...

She is an absolute sweetheart! I was impressed by how good tempered she was at the reunion.

I'm glad she's growing well. It's so hard to worry about getting your baby enough to eat. Way to go following your instincts and sacrificing your sleep. Here's hoping the growth spurt continues!

Ashley said...

Charly was not even on the growth chart at 8 months old, but at her 2 year check up she was in the 75th percentile. She just needed to grow at her own pace.

I'm so excited to see that sweet little girl next weekend.

Steph H said...

So glad she's healthy! We had problems with Jenna gaining weight her first six months and it can be scary. Especially when they're so tiny and don't ask for much. Way to follow your intuition! I can't believe how much she looks like Houston.