Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grammy and Papa- Part II- Coeur d'Alene

Houston loved being with Papa and Grammy even when he was not being bribed with chocolate. I wish I had a picture of mom snuggling with Houston- but I guess I failed on that one. She was busy finding her new happy shoes while we took these walking down main street of Coeur d'Alene.

and my personal favorite...
The golf course had closed for the season the Saturday before so we went and walked around and bought souvenirs without anyone there.
I thought it was pretty cool. They pull the green (island) in and out each day so the distance of the hole changes each day. No matter where they put it, you have to take a boat out to the green. We are already planning the trip for dad to come back and golf it with Michael in April. Who else is in?

We ran to the bank for mom then headed back to the resort for dinner on the water. It was perfect. Mom and I are both suckers for a nice dinner with a view. I realized that when I asked if she really wanted to go and she said her classic line that I think is what made me the adventurous woman I am, "of course! Even if we all just get bowls of soup!" It I had a dollar for every time I've heard or said that! That sums up my mom. Even if we just went and sat and drank water and crackers and then left a tip- no matter how silly others in her party would feel- she would do it for the experience... and I would too! Oh I love traveling with my mom!

Well, it was worth it... we sat down to a beautiful view...

within minutes it turned from beautiful to breathtaking...


Definitely worth it and it wasn't even that expensive. We also enjoyed sharing our large sundae between the 4 of us. I'm sure it would have been 5 if Houston was sitting closer to Papa. :) I laughed as I realized how much I am like my mom and how much my husband is like my dad. As mom and I both did our little hand gestures (siblings- picture "lemon wedges" fingers) as we asked the waitress what other yummy toppings she could add on and both of our husbands sat there pretending to be embarrassed of us:)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lemon wedges... classic. I love it. You are such a hottie! You are looking so good!

Mitzi said...

I can totally see the lemon wedge fingers! I am so excited for them to come and visit me now. Hopefully their flights will work out.

Rachel Magelsen said...

Hey...I think there is fire behind you guys...just thought you should know. Careful.