Thursday, February 25, 2010

Merzy-pants' day o' bliss

Last month Houston and I got to go back to Irvine to celebrate Meredith's (my best friend from high school) wedding. It was fun to get to see and play with Papa, Great Papa, Aunt Char-ee, Aunt Tiff-ee, and Baby Brooklyn again so close to Christmas.

We went to cheesecake factory with Tiff and Char, went to take pictures of Houst and Brook together, played "this little piggy" with Great Papa, my dad spoiled the kids with ice cream and chocolate, and just hung out. Houston and Brooklyn are very cute playing together. Houston loves to give kisses and zerbers and Brooklyn was a good sport about it. When Brooklyn was to squirmy, he settled for kisses and zerbers to the doll (top middle). I love the picture of him trying to tickle Brooklyn's feet (bottom left). Houst was great for the flights. He has the most amazing personality in that little body. He has a gift that wherever we go, he automatically becomes the mascot of the group. No joke, people on the plane asked if I would be comfortable having him come sit with them for a minute! One lady came up to me in baggage claim and said he was the sweetest kid she had ever seen and made the flight more enjoyable! I am grateful for my sweetheart and for kind people to see 3 hours of peekaboo and loud laughter in a confined space as "sweet". (Middle picture is of him sitting by a large man that acted real tough and anti-kid at the beginning of the plane ride but gave up the act half way through the flight when Houst tried to zerber his arm).
When not relaxing with the fam, I was on Bridesmaid duty. We went to lunch, got pedicures, went to the wedding at the Newport Beach Temple, and the beautiful reception. It was all very Merz! I am so happy for her! My little Merz... all grown up! I also got to catch up with some old friends of Merz's (Allison and Annie) and establish that good ol' bridesmaid bond with... we had some good laughs.
I was a bit let down that my guy friends from high school did not make an appearance (Daniel, Ben, Dave, etc-- I was way bummed!). But I was ecstatic to see one of my great forever friends, James. Although we talked for less than 5 minutes it made my year! You know you have a best friend when you see them and can't help but jump up and down with excitement and even though it has been years, it feels like it has been hours! I can say that about both Merz and James.

Jeff, good to know you now. Take good care of her. Her value is higher than rubies, diamonds, maybe even the higher than the amount you will spend on her shoe fetish over the spectrum of eternity. Be patient with her cooking-- but in the mean time enjoy her baking-- we mastered the cookie and caramel brownie recipe back in high school.

I love you Merzypants and congrats!


6 comments:

Mitzi said...

So fun! I love the photo of Grandpa playing piggies with his toes and the one of him giving the doll zurberts.

Ashley said...

Is he doing piggies with Brooklyn's toes? They are so cute together.

Tiffany said...

SO cute! I have been meaning to ask you to send me the photos from your trip of the 2 kids so I can blog about them too.

Charise said...

HEY!!!! Is James Hiney boy???

Meredith Hayes said...

You are dreamy, and I love you. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. All those mornings driving about in Darma pontificating our future married boys.....they're here and we love them more than we thought we would!

Meredith Hayes said...

And yeah, Jeff is already wrapping his mind around the shoe problem and concocting a drastic solution. :)