Friday, February 26, 2010

Bringing home treasures

Possibly the greatest part about going home for Merz's wedding was finding treasures! Ok, maybe greatest is a stretch. My parents are preparing to move out of their home and start the life of Senior Missionaries. As part of that, they are cleaning out our home of 20+ years. While there, I went through 5 boxes of stuff from high school, college, and my mission. What a blast, eh?

My wardrobe consultant, hired by my husband, also known as my sister Tiffany, was on hand to monitor what "treasures" I simply could not get rid of. Although she did her best, I still managed to sneak a few things through. Which my husband then found and teased me relentlessly about when I got home.

I believe his exact words were, "I'm calling Krissie to get mad at her! I've never SEEN so many sweats!" (Krissie is what my dad calls my mom when he is frustrated). But come on- my old sleeping bag with arm and leg holes... That is a classic!
He thought a belt would style it up a bit... I don't think it worked.
We missed you while we were in CA daddy! It was good to come home and play with you!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

So funny.

Mitzi said...

HILARIOUS!!! That boy is so funny!

Julia Davis said...

lol. thats all i have to say. lol.

Charise said...

Okay, the line about the sweats is hilarious because that is all Lane wore for years!!!! It was due to her wearing sweats everywhere that mom made us start "dressing for dinner". No jeans, t-shirts or sweats to Sunday dinner.

That was totally Lani's fault!

Love you Lani, Hawk and Hootie!

Meredith Hayes said...

Yeah, I remember that thing of beauty. I think I even borrowed it one night and then had it at my house for a few. HELLO! IT'S A DREAM, and they don't sell those things but once every millenium! Keep it. Love it. The sleeping bag pajama.