Life as a stay at home mom is really starting to grow on me. For years I have been accumulating scrapbook things (just ask my husband any time we pack up to move:) and my sister has been trying to talk me into becoming a digital scrapbook-er for quite some time now. Well when I was laid off, it was the top thing on my list of what I wanted to do in my spare time (when not playing with the little man).
So instead of jumping into a book right off, I wanted to learn and practice on a few little projects. I started with a calendar using mostly templates from my sister Mitzi...
then branched out to little handouts for my Laurels...
and now finally this week I made my OWN blog background! I know they are baby steps, and perhaps the colors don't match perfectly... but I am learning and progressing. I have found the hardest part is finding the perfect elements to match what you have in your head. But I am starting my journey! Hopefully I will be turning out beautiful scrapbooks soon! Now worry about how to explain holding onto all those boxes now that I'm going digital... ideas? I guess I've got a lot of scanning ahead of me!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It's so Cute and fun! My blog is still boring white! You have inspired me! Your hand out and bowling page are darling too! Make sure to post them on the Bodell site as you make them so we can have fun seeing them too!
SO FUN!! LOVING it all! I'm sure you'll have a ton of cute digital embellishments soon enough. Keep your cute pages coming. And I love the spoon handout!
I am so proud of you! I need to get into that any maybe you can teach me your tricks in addition to mit!
Also, I will have to tell my husband that your boy likes dogs... he will be so excited! Maybe you guys will get the dog now! Ha ha... yeah right.
These look GREAT! Good for you! My favorite two digital scrapbook sites are ggdigitaldesigns.com and shabbyprincess.com. They both have free downloads and regular sales which make it nice. So cute!
Post a Comment