Friday, March 12, 2010

Picture Day

When I posted about my "growing boy" with the recap of pictures throughout Houston's first year, I loved how other mom's were like- "yikes, that is a lot of picture days!" Each time that sentiment was shared, I laughed. Something that only a mother can understand! I think that is why I liked going so often is because no matter how fussy he was, no matter how much he threw up all over his picture perfect outfit, no matter HOW LITTLE he smiled during the shoot... I just thought... well maybe it will be better next month.

But I REALLY wanted his 1 year pictures to be perfect. So we tried on the tux to make sure it fit...
we got all cleaned up the morning of the big day, we coordinated the car with daddy so we could go, we made sure ample nap time was provided to ensure extra smiles for the camera, every thing was on schedule and according to plan...
then WOMP!
We decided to reschedule for a few days later when grammy was in town and the golf ball was smaller:)
Who knew that the remnants of the "Womp" would actually make the pictures more endearing as that IS my little boy... the Adventurer!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

So cute! He is such a little man! I love the shiner. It gives it personality!

chelsea mckell said...

I LOVE the collages! Nice job!