Michael is an amazing athlete. I knew he would be great to play baseball, basketball, or football with the family but knew he had only been golfing once before we met. As hard as it was to go against the strict rules of my father, I dared to marry a non-golfer (dad accepted him being a Ute as making up for the non-golfer red flag:). Michael went golfing dad I think a month after we were married and when they got back I asked dad how it went and he said, "well it is good that he is good at other sports because I don't think golf is his game".
That is why if you would have told me four years ago when I decided Michael was the one, that we would be watching and recording all of the Masters within 5 years, I would have called you crazy!
Within the first year of being married Michael signed up for a golf class at school as a complete surprise to me. He said he could tell how important it was to the men in my family so if he was ever going to get quality bonding time, he was going to need to learn how to play. It was the sweetest gesture because I know how hard it is for Michael to actually have to "learn" a sport instead of just having it come naturally.
Within the first month of his class he had one a chipping competition and he got the bug. It spiraled from there. He was infected with a love for golf.
It grew when I got him his first set of clubs Christmas 2008.
...my boys watching golf together as daddy explains to Houston that golf is the true gentlemen sport or how awesome golf is or the rules of golf.Even before Michael was a big golf fan he was a Phil Mickelson fan so since the first round this week Michael was rooting for Phil. Great weekend. Happy Masters to all!
See dad... I guess I knew deep down he was a golfer we just needed time to have him find out how much he loved it.
3 comments:
What a cute post! We love Hock!!
Michaels so great. I love how important family is to him and how hard he works to bond with people. You both are so great at that and it's something Adam and I talk about often and want to incorporate more into our relationships with our families and in-laws.
I love that my husband is in some of these pictures with michael! I love that they are so close.
Post a Comment