A few days ago when I realized this night was coming, although I knew I would miss my sweet husband, my mind started thinking of ALL the wondrous things I was going to accomplish with this time. My mind started making lists like this:
- Workout- not just an itsy 1/2 hour workout- but one that I just feel like I could conquer the world after or take on someone in a boxing rink.
- Clean the house- one of those REALLY good cleanings. Where I want to throw a party after just to show my friends that I sometimes really DO have a pristine clean home and don't always decorate with smashed cheerios:)
- Visiting Teaching- make cute little thoughts and delectables to take around to my VT sisters tomorrow. I'm sure curly ribbon will be involved.
- Scan photos- I have recently invested in a scanner and am in the process of scanning the 1/2 dozen BOXES of photos so I can throw the originals out and just use the photos in digital scrapbooking.
- Textbook elimination- my goal this month is to REALLY get rid of the 3 boxes of old textbooks- donate or sell- I just want them out of my life! I've been done with many of them for close to a decade! (Thus the reason I might just be donating them instead of selling them for $.01).
- Sunday School- Review my lesson for Sunday and make cute handouts that the girls will probably throw away on their way out of the Church building but I will feel like I magnified my calling by using cutesies.
- Call my mother in law as I have been meaning to do this for a while since she sent me cute messages on facebook (how sad that my m-i-l is more Facebook savvy than I!) but always seem to forget or get caught up in something else.
- Work on financial stuff.
- Find a cure for cancer and the answer how to fight world hunger- Ok, maybe I didn't think I was going to FINISH this one but I think a piece of me really did think I was going to have this level of power with my one night of single-hood!
Well it wasn't til yesterday around noon, a few hours before Michael's departure, that it donned on me that realistically this was not much different from a normal night for me. Michael often has night classes or plays basketball and doesn't get home til close to bedtime and then it really hit me when I realized I don't think Houst was going to get on board with my fabulous LIST to conquer the world. Especially since Houst usually goes to bed about 9:30 and I follow about 10:30 or 11.
I did not let it deter me much. I started modifying my list a bit but was SURE that I was still going to make miracles happen with my night of freedom! Maybe a quick 20 minute clean of the house could pass the test, and maybe a workout to just break a sweat enough to put my mind at ease, and maybe not a full cure for cancer but at least the hypotheses :)
3:30 Michael left and just as I suspected- Houst was not on board with the list and was much more interested in me reading his favorite books to him 4 times each one. But that is ok! I pulled a fast one on him and snuck him to bed 15 minute early at 9:15 (rebellious I know!). Let the LIST BEGIN!
After quickly doing some of the dishes I decided to get the action rolling with my workout. BRING ON THE LIST!
9:20 start workout video.
9:40 fall asleep in child's pose.
10:00 wake up in child's pose10:15 say au revoir to the list as I climb into bed nicely showered to be ready for my wake up call from the boy at 6:30 or 7.
I apologize list! Maybe TODAY! I still have 2 hours before Michael returns to play!
3 comments:
LOl. You are hilarious. Fun post!
Welcome to Motherhood! I love you.
I had a similar list when Chuck went to CA. The only thing I got done on my list was a few digital scrap pages.
Post a Comment