Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finding Out

October 29- I know it is a age old battle... ok maybe not age old and maybe that is the problem. Since technology is new to being able to find out the gender of the baby, those who never had the option to find out think, "Why on earth would you want to find out before the birth?" as well as some of the younger generation who have been blindly mislead to believe that is the only way.

Well my friends, I cannot completely blame them. I remember sitting in front of our family computer (It was the size of the wall practically- so of course I was) when I was 8 or so... I remember staring at that black screen with green lettering and playing putt putt golf and wheel of fortune thinking... "technology is amazing- how are they EVER going to make this better?" That was probably shortly after I had printed out a banner in Print Shop with Helvetica 64 on the printer and had to rip off the little track holey things along each side. Well my friends... just as technology in the computer world has advanced, so has the medical world-- and I say embrace it!

Michael and I have LOVED both times of finding out. Last time he picked me up from work and we headed to lunch at Iggy's to discuss what we thought before going in. This time we took Houst to the babysitter and made it our date night. We went to the doctor and held each others hands as he slowly made a DVD of checking all aspects of our baby, head, heart, spine, and then... well, as aforementioned... some of my family still likes living in a DOS world so I cannot spill the beans on my blog- but feel free to post if you are curious and I will let you know. Afterward we headed to dinner, we were going to go some place fancy but our car just drives itself to our usual. We talked about names and exciting plans for our future family of 4.
Needless to say, we are very excited! here is Michael sharing the good news with his family. Maybe someday we will try it old school, but for now, I LOVE our find out dates!

Dedicated to Grandpa Bodell, mom, dad, Chuck, and Ashley :0

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Boy or girl boy or girl?!?

Ashley said...

Ha! Thanks for the dedicated post. Chuck had to really convince me that surprise was the best way to go when we were pregnant with Leland. He boasted to everyone "It's a Bodell/Gates family tradition!" That was when only Amy and Char had kids. Man he was wrong. Now it's just our Gates Jr family tradition.

You all gave in to the silly ways of the technological advanced world. I mean look at me now - I don't find out the sex of our babies, I cloth diaper ... next, bring on the horse and buggy!

Josh and Sarah said...

Boy or Girl??? We are so excited for you!!

Jenny said...

Just catching up on your blog! Congrats on baby #2. I definately agree with finding out the sex. How do you prepare and have a shower and all that not knowing:) It would kinda be fun though to have such a surprise.

We just moved as well, well like 4 months ago, and it was so hard, even though we moved back to family!! Hope you are doing well! You look beautiful as always! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jake and Trisha Goodman said...

I want to know! Boy or Girl?