Monday, January 3, 2011

The Mags' visit- day in SF

On December 21 our wonderful Spokane friends, the Magelsens, came to visit us. We felt so fortunate that Rachel's family allowed them to take a whole day out of their Christmas week with them to come and play with us in the city!

We borrowed a minivan from a neighbor so we could all fit in one car. Michael maneuvered that baby through the city like a pro... I think I might see minivan in our future. We picked the 4 of them up at the San Francisco airport and headed downtown. I was surprised by the pride and knowledge Michael had as we met the short trek. His Gates side was definitely shining through as he gave us tidbits of SF history as we drove through the streets.

It was fun to see, laugh, and reunite with the Mags even though it had just been 5 weeks. We ventured to Pier 39. It was fun to see it with the Christmas decorations.
Although a bit chilly, it was a beautiful clear day. It got us excited to live back in the bay area.
Houston was overjoyed to be back with his best friend Ava. He was asleep when we picked them up but was rocked a bit and as soon as he realized she wasn't a dream, but was really next to him, he got this super excited face on and started saying, "Ava! Ava!" in his scratchy sleepy voice.
We came home to put the kids down for naps... well the kids and Kev:) Rach, Michael and I decided to relax and enjoy an old Classic, "Casablanca". Michael loves old movies and had of course seen it, Rach and I are also fans but not as die hard as Michael so it was our first time. It was really good and a perfect little relaxer.

That night Kev took on story time duty with the kids and Michael and Kev "cleaned up" the puzzles before putting the kids to bed.
Although we have been talking about having a sleepover for over a year and the time finally came, I'm afraid to say we were all pretty pooped and did not pull anything close to an all-nighter playing games. (I know Voorhees... you would have been very disappointed in us!) We stayed up to chat a bit then headed for bed.

Thank you so much guys for giving up a day to come play with us! We had a great time and can't wait til we see you again! Fingers crossed for USF!

No comments: