Tuesday, January 11, 2011

White Elephant 2010

We thought about forgetting the White Elephant this year (2007, 2008, 2009) since we had just moved to a new area had didn't have many friends, but then thought, "what better way to make friends". So we invited a bunch of couples from the ward and a few of our old friends. Since we had it 3 days before Christmas, we totally understood that many could not make it.

Josh and Sarah were gracious enough to let us have it at their new beautiful home. We enjoyed dinner that got to the festivities.
Some hits of the party were movie tickets and Chipotle/yogurt gift cards. I think my personal favorite was when Josh stole the musical reindeer and Sarah looked at him like, "WHY are you stealing that!" and with big eyes he said, "It plays MUSIC!" Another favorite, was the Country Phillipino CD we brought. I don't know if the recipient thought it was as funny as we did :) Sorry Willis'!
Somehow just when I thought we ended up with the worst set of gifts, it got even worse! Michael switched so that we go the hideous wolf jacket that we brought to try to get rid of, BACK! I guess he decided he couldn't see it in someone else's embrace. He was very happy to have it back and sported it throughout the Christmas break. I ended up with the "holiday diet", aka the hostess factory in a bag... there were about 15 hostess items... and we all know that 3 days before Christmas we were all dying for more sweets! Argh! Thanks to the Nelsons, Willis', Fossons, an Babcocks for such a fun night! Special thanks to the Fossons for letting us throw it at your house!

No comments: