Michael had been doing so well at the job hunt. He would spend 6-10 hours a day looking, applying, networking, going to the employment center, etc. He found a number of sales positions similar to that of my brother-in-law's, and was looking into working for the same company, so we thought it would be smart to have Michael go see if it was worth exploring. We called up our b-i-l to see when would be a good week to come out to which he said, "in 3 days". We found Michael a flight and he was off!
My sister Mitzi has been living in NC for 3 years on a month-to-month rental because she will not commit to living so far away from family. So she stepped up and became our agent, our recruiter, our number one fan! She contacted all of her friends inquiring if anyone knew of, or husbands knew of, any jobs for a recent MBA graduate. Mitzi has amazing powers of persuasion and hooked Michael up with a few interviews. After each one he would call me and say, "We are so NOT moving to NC right?" to which I would respond "Right! I mean unless there was something perfect!" After each interview, Mike and Mit would grill him and talk up how perfect it sounded. The poor thing would call me, probably a bit overwhelmed, and each time said, "no, I'm not interested". I would tell him to hang in there and keep the happy face to make Mit and Mike happy :)
The final night when he called and I asked, "are you ready to come home and get back to the hunt?" and he responded, "Yes, but we might want to think about this last one". WHAT!?!?!? I was so caught off guard. It was the same company he had already met with and said he wasn't interested in but this time they were talking about pretty much making a position to fit him.
Their were details to work out, and I was about to have a baby in two weeks... so they told him to come home and think about it and let them know in a month. We went to the temple that first week he was home and both felt very confident that we needed to accept and move our lives, family, and future to North Carolina.
We packed up our lives and our car and made the big move with our two little sweethearts and each other on April 13.
We've been here for 4 months now and love it. Michael is learning a lot and doing well at his job. It is AWESOME living by the McBrides. It has been a true answer to prayer, no matter how far out the answer seemed. Again, we are so grateful that the Lord knows us better than ourselves.


2 comments:
WooHoo for NC!
Adam and I were just saying how fun it would be to come out and visit you guys sometime. Neither of us have ever been to that part of the country. Might be a couple years, but we'd love it!
Post a Comment