Monday, June 8, 2009

Newest addition to the family...

Welcome Slate! It is SOOOOOOOOOO good to have you!
As much as I love Big Bertha, our 20 year old Volvo (yes folks... our Volvo could be serving a mission if it were human), when the door hinge started to rip out from the door we decided it was officially time. We have been looking for a new car for over a year and just couldn't bring ourselves to take on a car payment. Well, last Saturday (5/30) we found our perfect car for a perfect rate and we absolutely love it. It even has a cool COLOR name... SLATE.
But don't worry... I'm still driving big Bertha. The new one still scares me to drive. I park too close to the curb sometimes and I would hate to be the first one to scratch the hub caps or something. We fixed the door hinge so she is still purring (maybe growling is more appropriate). I think she still has character in her old age. We are so grateful that the Hocks brought big Bertha into our lives many years ago, but now it is just good to know that if Big Bertha decides to kick the bucket, Slate can come save me! We are debating removing the Air Jordan sticker from back in Michael's high school days. My boss asked me the other day if it reminded me of a tattoo, something stupid I did in high school that I just can't get rid of. We both have discussed removing it, but still can't seem to say good bye.

When Slate isn't undercover as our new stealth ride, he is commonly known to the world as a 2005 Honda Accord. He makes us smile just looking at him. Look at Michael's face. He was still so giddy HOURS after we purchased it.
Thanks to CC's dad, we got a rockin' deal. CC we miss you and tell your dad thanks again!

2 comments:

Cody and Michelle said...

Yeah for the new car! I love it!

Steph H said...

Great car! But you can't take off the air jordan sticker! How will we ever know it's yours? I think it's a part of the car now... it should go to the grave.