Monday, June 1, 2009

The swaddle

My wonderful son who I love so much, as many of you know, can be a screamer. This is no surprise for us. Since his 2nd night in the hospital when they threw him out of the nursery because he was too loud for the other babies, I knew our son was going to have some power and a strong independent side to him. He now screams a lot less but with the same great gusto.

Many people would say, "Have you tried swaddling him". My answer would be "Yes" little did they know how big of an emphasis I was putting on TRY. The man loves to flail. He is so strong that we could never wrap him tight enough, he would always get out. Finally we got one Velcro swaddle to work. I liked it because it didn't swaddle the feet so we could keep him swaddled while changing diapers or buckling him in his seat. He quickly wore out the Velcro. We bought him another.

Our loved ones call it a straitjacket, but it has helped him sleep better. He is officially too big for it now and he is gone almost 3 weeks without it. So farewell my cute little glow worm... till our next baby.

You'll see in this picture I even tried the binki. This is about how well he takes one. I love his eyelashes in this one.

1 comment:

The Special Reds said...

He sounds so much like my boy Blake! The more I read about him, the more they are just the same! I used to say that Blake never cried, he just screamed. And he never took a pacifier, or a bottle! He went straight to the sippy cup at 4 months old! Houston's a cutie! (Just in case you don't have it, here's my new blog address: thefourredheads.blogspot.com.) --Kera