It was our first conference outside of Utah for a few years so it was a change for us to watch conference on our laptops. But the good thing about watching it on a laptop... It is a perfect opportunity for my boys to build us a fort to watch it in.
(I love that they both have rugby shirts on. We didn't even plan that. I wish you could see Houston's number better so you could tell. Thanks Meg and Eileen- I think you got Houst that shirt).
Houston was pretty excited to finally be allowed to be so close to mommy and daddy's laptops after months of having to keep distance. It made for a few skips in conference though with the buttons being pushed.
When we were in Seattle we went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and were tempted by the caramel apples- but we just could not bring ourselves to pay $8 bucks for an apple- especially because my sweet husband (aka a 70 year old man trapped in a 27 year old body who prefers plain strawberry shakes and plain caramel apples . So Michael asked if we could make them for our fhe activity in a couple nights. So conference Sunday- we did it.
We prepped the apples... Melted the caramel... hosted a short cooking show for Houston... and then enjoyed our masterpieces. I forgot to take a picture of my beautiful white chocolate covered apples. I took them to my Visiting Teacher Sisters- it seemed like a fun October treat.
Oh yes, and thank you to our assistant Houston... you were most helpful! I love Conference Weekend! Can't wait till April!
No comments:
Post a Comment