Friday, October 16, 2009

Our new home

I realized that this post was saved in my drafts and I had never finished or posted it- so here it goes.

On August 18, we started our journey from SLC to our new home in Spokane. I was so sad that I could not find my camera for those big days. I wish I could have captured us in our 2 cars + our huge Budget truck. I wish I could have captured Houston learning to really crawl THE day we moved in. He thought it was HIS duty to personally inspect each of the many boxes all crowded into our apartment. I wish I could have captured the beautiful scenery on our drive. But I didn't. So hopefully this will help give you an idea of our new home.
Michael got to work putting shelves and such together. Houston was happy to help...
then needed a little attention...
then was happy to get it. We LOVE our home. We think the location is perfect right on the river trail, a great ward with great friends, brand new so it has the new paint smell... plus a few other perks that came with the move.

First, our new bed. It is heavenly! We feel like we are sleeping in clouds and absolutely LOVE it. Thank you Costco for your great finds with even better rebates! I'm too tired to go take a picture and just want to post this- so here is the picture from online of our beautiful bed. Oooooh, just writing about it makes me want to go lay in it.
SECOND- We love having a 2nd bathroom. Since this is our first 2nd bathroom we had to get all the goodies; shower curtain, towels, and soap dispenser. Our discussion of how to decorate it did not take long after we unpacked Houston's 6 month pictures from the week prior.
So we decorated the bathroom around it!
I might have gotten a little carried away but I love the towels that are sunny bright, the soap dispenser that quacks, the decorative mirror ducks (they are no-slip ducks for in the tub, but I use them on the mirror for cuteness instead),
and my vase of "bubbles" and duckies to put it the awkward plain corner.
My favorite part of our bathroom is the collage of pictures of the world cutest baby model---
Here are some of the pictures featured.

I mean seriously- how can I not dedicate a room to these?

and Houston loves it- especially laying on the new bath mat that is the perfect size for him.
Oh, and of course, our home would not be complete without our longhorns...
So that is our home... we can't wait for you to come visit! :)

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Those photos are so cute! You are so fired for not posting those! Where did you get them taken? Love the TP one.

Mitzi said...

oh and check you out being the little decorating queen with your vase of ducks and bubbles!