Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary

For our 3 year anniversary (October 3) we decided to go on a family getaway to Seattle. There are a number of places we want to visit while we live here so we figured it was a good chance to cross one of them off the list.

We went to Pike's Place...
Ate dinner on the water at Red Robin...
Sidenote: Where a pelican attacked me for my fries and fry sauce but unfortunately Michael had the camera away from the table when it happened so alas- I have no photographed evidence of the life-threatening event.... OK- so it was really just a seagull with a long beak but he still could have poked my eyes out! And all the people sitting inside were tapping on the window to point and laugh at (with) me and I was like "SHHHhhhh! You'll anger it!" because HELLO it was eating off my plate and he was NOT small! I finally slowly pushed my plate away so that he could enjoy the remains of my meal not in my face.

...and just enjoyed the views and atmosphere of Downtown Seattle.
We stayed at a really nice hotel downtown. We were worried it was going to be hoyty-toytee about kids but they were so cute to Houston. While we were checking in the concierge came right over and gave him a toy fish that said the hotel name on it.

I had emailed the concierge before to tell him it was our anniversary and sure enough, there were chocolates and sparkling cider waiting for us all fancy like.
As you can maybe tell by some of the pictures above, Houston was a little off his game. Our usually cheese-meister was having a rough day. We assumed it was the long drive- but we found out as the evening went on that it was more than that. Our night was full of snuggles with our ailing baby who was a furnace with close to 103 degree fever. We woke up exhausted from a long night of Houston being miserable and so we opted to drive around for a bit then head home to take care of our boy (which the nurse said was just teething and there was not much we could do).

All in all it was very fun to see and experience Seattle. What a gorgeous area! Especially the last two hours of the drive through a national forest. Beautiful! It was fun to just drive together and talk.
Ok, so originally the point of this video was to entertain my sick little man who was so exhausted and sick on the way home and he is a ham that even when sick he tries to smile for the camera. I planned on deleting it since it is not that great of Houston- but how could I? Listen to our jolly chauffeur enjoying the drive home! Oh I love that man!



Thanks sweetheart for a wonderful weekend and even better three years! I love you and can't wait for many many more!

No comments: