Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An AWESOME weekend! -Despite the husband having one eye (pt 1-PB Man)

Friday I was pretty tired from the first 2 dr's appt and not a really good nights sleep taking care of Michael. I was finally sitting down and getting a couple things done when and realized how quiet it was. I decided to go play with Houst and tell him thank you for being such a good boy playing in his room. I walked upstairs and saw it... yep... the CLOSED DOOR! He NEVER closes the door... unless he is up to something. I panicked... opened the door... and ran right into a wall of stink... no ... not stink... it actually smelled yummy...what was that yummy smell... PEANUT BUTTER!

That's when I noticed the artwork on 2 walls and EVERY single blanket that he insists on sleeping with. I took a deep breath while I tried to calculate my reaction. First, grab the camera (maybe not good since he looks so proud of his work in these pics but I didn't want him CRYING in them!).
Then just as I was about to lose it, a ring at the doorbell. I thought for less than a second, "who could that be" then panicked and felt like everything was falling apart as I realized I forgot to cancel my Visiting Teachers. As I rushed down the 2 flights of stairs I was just tired and irrational and when I opened the door they said something to the effect of, "what's wrong you look terrible" :) in a loving VT sort of way. I explained the previous 24 hours and the previous 3 minutes and just sounded exhausted and rambling.

Without taking no for an answer, they walked in and one watched the kids while the other scrubbed PB off my walls while I bathed by PB man! It was truly one of those VT stories you listen to in conference.

Thank you Erika and Sandy for being there when I needed you and loving me depsite my messy house, crazy children, and zombie-like husband! Thank you for being there when I needed you!

Ps. In my cute boy's defense, I had asked if he wanted a PB sandwich and never actually made it... so he just decided to go get the PB on his own and eat it with a spoon in bed :)

No comments: