Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Growing Girl

I am officially one of those moms. One of those moms that doesn't take as many pictures of her 2nd child as her first. I'm also one of those mom's that completely STOPS blogging for months because things seem to be so busy with the 2nd. Yep, one of those mom's who still has a picture of their family before the last child was born at the top of her blog even though it has been 8 months! And I am COMPLETELY one of those moms that is continually amazed that I really can love the 2nd as much as the first!

My mom has told me since I was a little girl that she knew in the hospital that I was a sweet, peaceful, special girl. That is exactly how I feel about my Hadley Bear. In the hospital Michael said he decided he was going to call her Hadley Bear, and I remember thinking, "that's cute if you really like it but it sounds to rough for my precious little girl". But now I have realized it is completely appropriate when you think of it as a cuddly teddy bear instead of a beastly bear. She is my brings me so much peace, love, and comfort just knowing she's near!
3 months-June 2011
She was born close to perfect. I don't know if I have posted this before but I remember going in for her 2 day check-up and the dr asking how is she? He was a pretty mellow dr and I bubbly and bouncingly went on and on for at least 3 minutes about how perfect she was in every way as if I had known her for years. The tired dr responded with, "wow mom, that is a lot of excitement over a 2 day old baby!" I quietly and embarrassed responded under my breath, "that's because she is perfect". At the end of the check up he smiled and said, "I guess you are right, she is perfect!" then added sarcastically, "and mom.. try to smile a bit more huh?" btw- it took me all the way to the car to realize he was being sarcastic and I kept thinking, "how sad, did I not portray how happy I am to have this precious bundle of joy in my life?"
4 months- July 2011
Just like Houston did, Hadley went through a skinny spell at 4 months, especially when constantly being compared to her 3 days older cousin Jaba. She was in the 3% at one of her check ups so we changed her diet and walah! She was in the 50% in no time.
5 months- August 2011
She has always been a pleasant joyful little girl. As mentioned before, she is a smiler, but only once you earn it. She is more inquisitive. Strangers often try their darndest but she is too busy analyzing what looks like every eyelash in the furrow, but to no avail. Unless someone she is familiar with, especially Houst says something, then she busts out those cute gums. She LOVES her mommy, and is so excited to hear daddy's voice when he gets home and will often sqwak from the other room when he gets home until she is acknowledged, but her favorite person has got to be Houston! I know I have said it before as well, but it is worth saying it again... she ADORES Houston! Michael and I sometimes crack up at the silly not-funny-to-anyone-else things he does that make her belly laugh. It is a total win-win because he thinks he is hilarious and so does she! The only problem is when he tries to use his same jokes on his older cousins and they look at him like he is crazy (ie, "hey everyone, I said Twinkle Twinkle Little PILLOWWWWWW!")
6 months- September 2011
What finally got me to sit down and blog about my princess is that someday I want her to know the reason I haven't written about theses last several months isn't at all because she was a hard baby but instead just the opposite. Every free moment I have, I'd rather be playing with, laughing with, laying by, or just staring at her. Not to mention she is such a good baby I feel like I have energy and ability to "do" more... clean more, serve more, think up new ways to earn a little more money for a family, etc. She is a dream and I can't wait to see how she grows. I just hope I can be a mother to provide a spiritual enough home to keep her beautiful peaceful spirit in tact through the coming years.

(of course having both sets of grandparents coming in a month to see her for either the first time since she was 2 weeks or the first time ever- I decided I better write now while they are thirsting for it because they won't be hanging on every word about her after they see how wonderful she is in person)
7 months- October 2011
She is a great little eater and mover now. She had been crawling for almost a month and pulling herself up for about a week now. Yesterday she discovered the upstairs and today was the first day that she eyed the downstairs. Her laugh has too quickly gone from a baby laugh to now sounding more like a little girl laugh. Her snuggles and pets she used to love to give me, have been replaced by squirming to find her next discovery, and her skinny frame has become a hearty bundle of joy. We love this girl more and more each day and want her to know we are CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY in love with her, even though we haven't written it down as well as we should have.
8 months-November 2011
I Love you my Hadley Bear! Thanks for being my sweetie!
Today

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute! I loved reading that. Did you know that we call Charly - Charly Bear and sometimes just Bear? Leland and Lucy call her Bear most of the time. It is fun to see your older kids interact, play, and develop such a cute relationship with their younger siblings.

Blake & Amy said...

Wow I can't believe she is that big already. When we saw you guys in the summer she was tiny! And to be moving so fast, you definitely have your hands full now. She is darling and I hope we get to see all of you real soon. When are you planning on visiting NYC?