Monday, November 21, 2011

Lesson in Sharing+Urgent Care=The most expensive Milk Shake EVER!

Long story ahead...
So Michael and I had an interesting weekend. One of those moments happened... you know... the ones that you are going to request to re-watch in Heaven to see how it exactly all happened? I was heading out with Kevin to look for cars and Michael decided he wanted to tag along for a bit. So before we dropped him back off at work we stopped at cookout- my favorite fast food in NC- for milk shakes. In the drive thru line I asked if we should share and we both thought for a second then I said, "I guess we should to be good huh?" and he regretfully said, "yeah, I guess". And that is how it began...
10 minutes later we were nearing Michael's work and he handed me "our" milkshake and said, "you better take this before I finish it". So I tucked it in my side door and thought we would wait till we got to work to split what was left of it. He was not a fan of that and asked why I was hiding it. We started teasing and bantering about it until we got to Michael's work. When we arrived at work I split what was left of it.

Jokingly I poured a very tiny bit into Michael's cup and handed it to him. He didn't get it apparently because he took it sadly (probably knowing that was probably the appropriate 1/2 amount- but of course I was still planning to give him a little more!). I asked if he wanted more and he cutely said something to the effect of, "no that is probably the fair amount" but was NOT happy about it! the fact that he only got a couple more swallows, plus the teasing we had just been doing was not a good mixture. Not wanting him to leave upset and sad, I reached out to tickle him to let him know I was just playing. Well, as mentioned he was not in a joking state and when I reached out to tickle him (btw: Michael is ticklish as a school girl... and laughs like one when you do get him which I love about him) he tried to jerk away (still slightly playfully) but as he jerked away his head was stopped by the door of the car but his shake continued to be jerked out of the car... right... in.... to .... MICHAELS EYE! OUCH!!!!!!

It was immediately evident that it was extremely painful! We waited for him to get control and then he headed back into work. When we got back a couple hours later he walked out to the car with the one eye still tightly shut. I have to admit, I kind of thought, "ohhhh sure... lay on the wife guilt! Buck up buddy" but as soon as he got in he let out some deathly moans and explained that it hurt every time he opened or closed his eyes. He looked terrible and was moaning a lot. He WASN'T trying to lay on the wife guilt, but i felt TERRIBLE! We did what we had to do with kids and Kev and then headed to the Urgent Care.

We were glad to see we were the ONLY people there! They took us back to see cute miss blonde dr. I leaned over to Michael and said, "It is a good thing you can't see, because your dr is kind of a hottie!" They quickly got him laying down and gave him numbing drops and all of sudden the moaning stopped, Michael's body finally relaxed, and then he looked up at his dr and I could see on his face him saying, "you were right wife, she is a hottie!"

After he was numb they asked the simple question of how it happened. This was the first time we really walked through it together and it was... well... entertaining to say the least. Michael, now numbed up and feeling a LOT better was leading the story but I couldn't help but chime in to DEFEND myself! Well our hottie blonde Dr and the nurse thought it was hilarious! We still weren't sure how it exactly happened but we recounted it as we could.

Well 2 urgent care visits and a visit to the ophthalmologist later brought some odd but welcomed along time with my husband. Thanks to Kevin for being a wonderful babysitter when we needed it. I felt terrible that he was in so much pain. He didn't sleep at all the first night. The medicine didn't work and it was like tearing a scab off every time he opened or closed his eyes. Each dr appt they dyed his eye so we could see the cut and it was like a snake eye with 1/3 of his eye torn right down the middle. My poor sweet husband was miserable for 4 days but was sure a good sport about it and despite his extreme pain, he was very cute to remind me it wasn't my fault it was just an accident.
Top right he said "were they open?" bottom right was the next try :)

Memorable quotes from this experience:
"Well... it's almost... it kind of... well ... yes it is straw shaped" -The ophthalmologist when explaining what the cut looked like.
"muah... don't worry daddy, it will be all better really soon!" -Houston after giving daddy a good night kiss on the night of the incident.
"I'm sorry my wife hit on you" -what Michael told me he wanted to say to the hottie Dr because I asked how old she was so we could hook Kev up with her but thought otherwise because thought it would come off as HIM hitting on her :)
"Young Lady, you oughtta be ashamed of yourself" -What the receptionist told me at the 3rd dr appt because the urgent care nurse had already told her the WHOLE story and all the receptionists laughed and said they moved all their strawed beverages knowing I was coming in :)
"So are we getting our own or sharing?" -what I said the next day at lunch... apparently it was too soon!

I'm so sorry my sweetheart! I'm glad you are feeling better now!

No comments: