Some rehearsals were better than others. And often he would just run around like a crazy boy or come and hug my legs between each song. But at the dress rehearsal, I thought... man... he can really do this!
At his first show he... well... struggled :)
Bottom middle explains pretty much the whole show. He had missed his nap and was pretty overwhelmed by all the people. But he still loved every minute of it! (middle left is his good friend Caelan who people think is Houston-did you?) I did think it was cute when a bunch of kids decided to hop in "his" sleigh, he was like, "Sweet! I convinced everyone to ditch the show and watch" instead of shewing them out. I think he realized they WERE the show so he allowed them to go back on stage.Well tonight was his 3rd show and it was one of those times that I thought, "what am I doing... he is way too young for this". He didn't want to even put on his uniform because he was still waking up from his nap. He just wanted to "snuggle" and watch. But then he heard "guys guys toys" aka "Boys toys". (sidenote: the first time he requested it for bedtime and heard him sing it, it made me get choked up hearing songs that my mom and grandma had written). When he heard it he said, "mom, I think I should sing" and I quickly got excited and said, "ok! Let's go get dressed fast before "Nuttin for Christmas!"
He was so excited he was jumping up and down. We made it just in time and he went up to his mic with the biggest smile. He did his BEST EVER! Actions, singing loud, big smiles and big angry face for "Nuttin for Christmas". He was AWESOME! We went and got dressed for the finale, he went on stage, and then... asked for snuggles again :) Short lived or not... It was the best 60 seconds ever and totally worth it all! I hope to catch it on video soon!
(Click here to see Char's cute post about Houst this week).
1 comment:
He really was so great! And then yesterday at the show at the Ole' Time Cary Festival he was great! Darling dancing and singing. I love that little man!
Post a Comment