Monday, July 13, 2009

My first Drive in

Last Friday (July 10) we went to my FIRST EVER Drive-In. I might have done as a kid but I don't remember and I do remember always WANTING to go. It was a blast! Michael was so cute about making sure we got there because he said he was excited to actually take ME on a first for a change because usually it is the other way around.

We got there and I couldn't help myself, I let out a loud "WOOOW!" and Michael chuckled at me. There were SO many cars and SIX screens. It looked like a big tailgate party but at sunset, what could be better? People with coolers and sofas and dogs (hot and on leashes) and trailers... man... these people knew how to party! Michael and I joked that Orange County girls don't grow up with these fine specimen of people, so it was like a bonus on top of the movie under the stars- the people watching was pretty great. It was like a little piece of my mission. The ticket takers were pretty classic WT people and then I couldn't help but giggle when the ticket taker asked "What movie" followed by "did ya bring your pets?"... Now that is service! Then I began to wonder if people get charged for bring pets- like benji is going to sit and enjoy the feature?
We ate our KFC we had brought and snuggled on our love sac to watch Transformers. It was better than I had dreamed! I had a lot of fun and can't wait to go again.

Houston actually slept through the whole thing and through the night, so he missed the party.

On Saturday we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house. It was beautiful. It had a lot of tile rather than carpet which was interesting but very classy. It was wonderul to go and feel the Spirit. It is so great to have 4, YES FOUR temples in the SL Valley. When we walked out of the temple house we could see the Jordan River and Draper Temple and tried to see the SL temple but it was surrounded by buildings. It was a beautiful night. Thanks Cody and Michelle for babysitting! Sorry he wasn't more smiley.

2 comments:

Julia Davis said...

Coolest! I am so sad they closed all the drive-ins around here. I would LOVE to go to one again some day. There is just something so cool about them. Glad you guys had a good time!

The Special Reds said...

Fun times! I like your hair! We also went to the Oquirrh Mtn. temple open house when we visited Utah recently--my parents just bought a house in Herriman, which is nearby. It's such a beautiful temple!